Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Vacay!

We're actually doing this! Two of my friends and I finally came to an agreement on a date and location and today we booked our vacation! We are headed to the Bahamas, via a cruise ship, in early August. I am so excited! I haven't been on a summer vacation in 2 years. For quite awhile, I have been begging my friends to let me head up the planning on a vacation for the summer. These friends aren't teachers like me, so it's harder for them to schedule their time off, especially in the summer when everyone wants time off. So this is the summer that it all came together. We made the final decision last night...two of us were in for sure, and our other friend needed a push. We were delighted when she gave in! Then we all stood there and put vacation conditions on each other. Yes, conditions. I mean we are 3 independent women in our 30s. We are pretty set in our ways and we know each other all too well. So, S needs to work on her attentiveness and time management before the cruise. "Lisa" needs to work on her rigidity (is that a word?), and according to the other two I need to work on my moodiness. Hmph! What moodiness? I think I need to work on my tan! So the countdown begins, and I couldn't be happier!

6 comments:

Regina said...

Maybe you can get some action!

Holly Child said...

LOL, Regina!!!

And, finally, after being plagued with the "moodiness" label since our teens, the torch has been passed to you...or at the very least, borrowed from me! :o)

Freer Family said...

Color me green with envy! I think that sounds like pure heaven and I like what Regina said, lol!

Heather said...

Don't pass that torch on TOO quickly...ha ha

April said...

Yay Heather! Sounds like so much fun. :)

Betty Grace said...

Sounds like a fabulous vacation! I'm jealous!