Friday, December 19, 2008
Saturday, December 6, 2008
Thursday, November 20, 2008
For a laugh, one of the teachers at school put a note in all of our boxes called "Report Card Comments Teachers Would Love To Use." They were pretty funny, so I decided to list some of my favorites here:
- Since the last report card, your child has reached rock bottom and has started to dig.
- This student is depriving a village somewhere of an idiot.
- The student has a full six pack but lacks the plastic thing to hold it all together.
- When the student's IQ reaches 50, he should sell.
- Gates are down, lights are flashing, but the train isn't coming.
- If this student were any more stupid he'd have to be watered twice a week.
- It's hard to believe that the sperm that created this student beat out a million others.
- The wheel is turning but the hamster is dead.
So there it is. I'm sure some of you are appalled that teachers find humor in stuff like this. You'll also be horrified then to know that we could find at least one student in our classrooms to attach each of these statements to. I apologize, but if I didn't laugh at stuff like this, I'd be crying my eyes out everyday!
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Saturday, November 15, 2008
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Friday, October 17, 2008
Saturday, October 11, 2008
Saturday, September 13, 2008
Sunday, September 7, 2008
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
Thursday, July 31, 2008
Saturday, July 26, 2008
Monday, July 7, 2008
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
Thursday, June 5, 2008
Friday, May 16, 2008
Monday, May 12, 2008
Sunday, April 20, 2008
Me: (holding up the doll for E to see) E, I can't tell what your doll is, and you didn't write it on the back. What are you planning on being in 20 years?
E: Well, I don't know what they call it, but when I grow up I want to be the first person to walk on Saturn's rings. But, if that's too much for you to write, Miss Martin, you can just go with astronaut.
Me: Umm, yeah. I'm just going with astronaut.
The things this kid comes up with astounds me. You may remember his theory on Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. being assassinated with a light saber. This kid is either going to be the next Einstein or the next Unabomber.
Tuesday, April 8, 2008
Friday night. The game was incredible. The Jazz killed it! We were so lucky (and so spoiled) to get those tickets. Free parking pass, dinner in the sponsor room, 18th row seats and snacks at halftime. I'm not sure I could go to another Jazz game without all of those perks! (Who am I kidding...I'd watch them from the nosebleed with not so much as a piece of gum for a snack!)
Above is the anatomy of our evening told through pictures.
#1 -- Who's that guy with the long, white socks? HOT.
#2 -- Connie and I are just happy to be out on a Friday night (even if our companionship was that of two 13 year old boys).
#3 -- Halftime at the sponsor room...Jake and K.J. think they are GANGSTA! Oh, boy...
#4 -- Ok, so Connie and I think we are, too!
#5 -- The ride home. Period.
Friday, April 4, 2008
Tuesday, April 1, 2008
Monday, March 10, 2008
Sunday, March 9, 2008
Week 1: Monday, Feb. 18 -- Flu
Week 2: Monday, Feb. 25 -- Cough, Cold & Sinus
Week 3: Monday, Mar. 3 -- Cough, Cold, Sinus & Allergies
It's winding down. I can feel it. Just in time for Spring!
So, I was tagged by my sister to come up with 7 random facts about myself. What a good way to jump start my blogging!
1. I hate driving. I hate being in the car. I think I was never meant to be in a car, and I think I get temporary Tourettes Syndrom when I drive because I never swear as much as when I am in the car. Why do I hate driving? Ask Holly.
2. I am addicted to cheesey, arcade-like games on the internet. I can waste hours playing those games and not even realize it.
3. I love Starbucks and have a specific drink for each season. Fall is a Pumpkin Spice Latte. Winter is a Peppermint White Mocha. Spring is a Honey Latte. Summer is Vanilla Frappachinos.
4. I have subscribed to a scrapbook kit club for nearly a year, and have made exactly 4 layouts. I love collecting the paper and supplies, but rarely want to use them.
5. When I was in high school I wanted to be an accountant. I took several classes in accounting, but became quite bored with it. My accounting teacher asked it I would be his T.A. for a semester. That's when I knew I wanted to be in front of the class, not sitting in it. I LOVE BEING A TEACHER! I can't imagine myself doing anything else!
6. I am obsessed with the Farmers Market. I look forward to it each summer. I buy the exact same things everytime I go: peaches, apples, and fresh mozzarella balls.
7. I am a fast reader and reading is a favorite hobby of mine. However, I only read at night right before I go to sleep. I never pick up a book in the middle of the day. Along with this, I love to read murder mysteries. Those are my interim books while I wait for my bookclub to finish our book selection.
Well there you have it. I think I am supposed to tag other people, but I'm thinking that anyone who reads my blog has already been tagged by someone else. So, if you haven't been tagged and you are at a loss for a blog post, this one works just great!
Friday, February 15, 2008
Can you see the chaos? Can you feel it? Does it make you as tired as it makes me? I am so glad that day is over. I loved Valentine's day as a kid, but as a teacher, it's a whole different story!
Students: What do you mean we have to do Reading and Math today? Do you know what today is?
Me: Yeah. It's Thursday.
But don't let the bitterness fool you, because after all is said and done, I know it's for the kids. And there is a lot of love in my classroom. I adore my students, and evidenced by the loot below, they adore me, too!
Saturday, February 9, 2008
Saturday, February 2, 2008
P.S.--Here are some of those websites so you can see for yourself!
Candidate match game - USAToday.com
Vote Match USA
Pick Your Candidate
P.S.S.--Oh yeah and to make matters worse, there will be 6 more weeks of winter! Boooooo!
Tuesday, January 29, 2008
Monday, January 21, 2008
Friday, January 18, 2008
Wednesday, January 16, 2008
Tuesday, January 15, 2008
Student 2: I heard it was James Earl something.
Student 1: Oh, yeah! I know! James Earl Jones!
Me: James Earl Jones DID NOT kill Dr. King! The assassin's name was James Earl Ray. James Earl Jones is an actor who did the voice of Darth Vader in Star Wars.
Student 3: Miss Martin, I bet if James Earl Jones killed Dr. King he would have used a lightsaber.
Monday, January 14, 2008
Girl 1: It's freezing out here today.
Girl 2: I know. We should all stand close together to get warm.
(They bunch themselves together as tightly as they can.)
Girl 3: Hey! This is what they call global warming!
And you guys thought kids didn't know what was going on in the world!
Sunday, January 13, 2008
Saturday, January 12, 2008
Thursday, January 10, 2008
Now don't think just because I won't mention his name that I'll be writing cryptically in all of my posts. Oh no. There will be names, dates, times, places, etc.
However, one of my friends, when she found out I was planning to start a blog, said, "Crap. That means I'm going to be making it into some of your posts. Can I have an alias?" So, hello "Lisa"! This one's for you!
Question: Is there anyone out there in bloggerland that can help me through the steps of customizing my blog, you know, with the cute digital scrapbooking kits?