Monday, March 10, 2008

Perhaps a Bit Too Far

I mentioned a few weeks ago how I have become rather obsessed with watching basketball. Specifically Jazz basketball. Specifically Kyle Korver. Wait, I digress. Anyway, I love watching their games. I have only been watching since mid-January, and I have only not been able to watch 3 of the games since then. I look forward to watching the games on tv. I feel sad when there is not a game on. I have learned the basketball lingo, the rules, the calls just from watching. Well, I am out on recess duty today, and I wander over to watch some of the third grade boys playing a pick-up game. They're running. They're passing. They're shooting. Great game. Until C reaches over A to try and get the ball. Before I realized what I was doing, I blew my whistle and called a reach-in foul on C. It was one of those slow motion moments. The boys turn around. The ball dribbles away unattended. Jaws are hitting the pavement and there I am with a whistle hanging out of my mouth. Next thing I know, the bell rings and the game is over. Walking back to where the classes line up, I overheard a boy, who is not in my class, say to a boy from my class, "Hey, you think you could get your teacher to ref our game at last recess?" Ahh...I have just earned my place (among 9 year old boys everywhere) as the coolest third grade teacher ever!

6 comments:

Erica said...

HAHA This is the coolest blog post. Ever. You are so funny. I have started watch the Jazz too and Korver is HOT. We need to have a party in which we watch basketball and scrapbook. That way we are in touch with our feminine and our masculine sides at the same time.

Holly Child said...

LOLOLOL!! that's so funny!

April said...

Go Heather! lol

I watch the games by default thanks to Brandon & Vern.

Regina said...

okay, we're ready for a new post. officially.

Heather said...

Be careful what you wish for, Jean. Officially.

Betty Grace said...

Oh my gosh, I love that story. Hilarious