Saturday, February 2, 2008

Choose or Lose

It's getting closer to the Western Primary Election, and I am suddenly panicked! I know what party I am registered with, and I am planning to vote within that party. (Here in Utah you have to be registered with a party to be able to vote in the primaries.) However, I was pretty clear about who I planned to vote for until TODAY. I don't know why I feel anxious about this, but to ease that anxiety, I have been frantically looking online for those match-yourself-to-a-candidate websites to see if I can find an answer that I feel comfortable with. Trouble is...I am being matched with different candidates depending on the website (well, at least the sites are matching me with the two candidate choices I am grappling with and not somebody I haven't even heard of). I think it might be because the questions about the issues are worded differently on each site, too. I would love some insight from anyone willing to share! My dear interenet, do you know who you are voting for?

P.S.--Here are some of those websites so you can see for yourself!

Candidate match game - USAToday.com

Vote Match USA

Pick Your Candidate

P.S.S.--Oh yeah and to make matters worse, there will be 6 more weeks of winter! Boooooo!

2 comments:

Holly Child said...

Our Caucus is coming up this Tuesday, and I've done a couple of those online match-up thingies too! And they matched me with who I would have picked as well.

notetoself said...

Heather--the same thing keeps happening to me. I get a different answer everytime. I really dont know who I'll vote for. I know one person I would NOT vote for, but that's it. I'm scared it will come down to a "who's the lesser of the evils" type thing.