Thursday, January 10, 2008

Answers and Questions

Here's the thing...I don't want to mention any names, not because I don't trust you, my dear readers, but because it's just foolishness, and I would hate to have someone think I am splashing their name all over the internet in vain! It's just a guy. A dumb guy. Someone I really like(d). Someone who doesn't know what he's missing out on!
Now don't think just because I won't mention his name that I'll be writing cryptically in all of my posts. Oh no. There will be names, dates, times, places, etc.
However, one of my friends, when she found out I was planning to start a blog, said, "Crap. That means I'm going to be making it into some of your posts. Can I have an alias?" So, hello "Lisa"! This one's for you!

Question: Is there anyone out there in bloggerland that can help me through the steps of customizing my blog, you know, with the cute digital scrapbooking kits?

8 comments:

Holly Child said...

Heather -- Do I know who this 'him' is?! And I'm pretty sure I know who "Lisa" is! Hi Lisa...you're the only sane one of the bunch! ;o)

Kristi said...

Heather- Nicole gave me a link to customize mine and it is no longer valid. I tried googling it, but it didn't work either. This link might be a little helpful~http://howaboutorange.blogspot.com/2007/10/how-to-do-fancy-things-to-your-blogger.html

The main thing is that you are going to have to download cute backgrounds & embellishments and then save them to photobucket or someplace like that. Then you will have to edit your template and drop your images into the codes.

One hint- you can look up the template code on anyone's site, if you click on View, then Source.

Places where you'll want to insert your image is under Body background, Header inner, and outer wrapper.

Nicole's source is a great one to look at!

Clear as mud??

Hatch's said...

Heather,
I am one of Holly's friends who was voting for you to start a blog so...I am doing a little cheer for you right now!!!
Go to www.pyzam.com then click on the Blogger layouts on the left...they have millions to choose from... You can click to view them and then if you find one you like they walk you through how to get it all on your blog...The thing is, if you want to change the layout later for another...like for a holiday or something...you will have to re-do all of you additional elements to you blog again. They only save your blog posts and your blog name and header etc...what it originally started with...I always just jot down what my page elements are on a scrap paper and then quickly re-do it all right after. To give you an idea if what I mean about millions of blog layouts to choose from...take a look at mine...mmm mmm mmm!http://justhatchedfive.blogspot.com

andrea said...

Heather...this is the link I got from Nicole. I am super computer impaired but this was pretty easy to follow (it literally took me all night though so my blog will never change). Good luck!
http://docs.google.com/View?docid=dd8t7bxp_15hgft8p
So was mystery man looking to rekindle something? hmmmm...love your blog name btw!

Freer Family said...

Hi Heather. I can totally help ya.

The link I used and the one Kristi and Andrea mentioned is now gone but I have come across a couple new ones:
http://matiekay.blogspot.com/
and
http://cutestblogontheblock.blogspot.com/

Freer Family said...

Andrea's link is what I used.

notetoself said...

I know nuttin' about Blogger, but couldnt stop by and not say hey. So, HEEEEEYYYYYYYYY! :)

April said...

Hooray, you're blogging!!!
Very cool. :)

I hope that those links from Nicole help ya with customization, because mine is still the old-school less cute way.