Monday, January 21, 2008

Snow Day


When I woke up this morning and looked out the window at the winter wonderland, I declared today a snow day. And by snow day, I mean sitting in your pajamas all day, with absolutely no intention to leave the house, and showering just to get clean. And I also live by the rule that if you have a day off and you plan on doing anything, you should get it done before the official work day ends (in my case 3:35 p.m.) or it's just not worth doing. So the two things I wanted to do were most definitely done before that time.





#1 -- Make cupcakes.

I made cupcakes using the aforementioned cupcake book. I used their basic cupcake recipe, and they are yummy! The batter was so creamy. I even ate one pre-icing (and everyone knows the best part of a cupcake is the icing).



#2 -- Scrapbook.

I have recently caught the scrapbookin' bug again. My sister, Holly, inspired me. So I have done 3 layouts in the last 2 days. The one I did today was a winter one (in keeping with the 'snow day' theme), and I am really proud of it. The picture of the layout isn't the greatest, but I think you'll get the gist. This layout was done using the January kit from Personal Scrapper. The layout that inspired this one is a layout ironically called Snow Day.


















8 comments:

Erica said...

Oh my gosh we totally had the same thought today. I am at home with a snow day too and I scrapbooked! BTW I LOVE your layout and I LOVE that you got your sb mojo back and I LOVE that you are doing 12 x 12. Your page is awesome!!

Kristi said...

Yeah!! I love to see your stuff! The colors on that layout are awesome! That blue is one of my favorite colors right now!

And holy moly- you look AWESOME!!! Super duper skinny and cute!!!

Holly Child said...

LOVE the layout!! Love the colors and all the little details! You need to post your other two now! I want that cupcake book!!!!

notetoself said...

holy cuteness batman! being creative runs in yalls family, huh? :) get busy posting the other two and sending me some cupcakes! (kidding on the second part!) :)

Freer Family said...

Heather! I LOVE your layout! I'm glad you are scrapping. I just made my forst page in over two years too and it is nowhere near that cute.
I've been in a cupcake mood too. Mmmm!

Christy said...

I am so DARN HAPPY you've joined the blogging world! Don't do like me and only post sporadically! I'm looking forward to keeping up with you! :)

Helena said...

Yay for scrapping time! We had a snow day today. With snow, even!

Great page! Fun scarfs! (Err... scarves. Scarfs. Scarf-thingies.)

Heather said...

Helena...I was unsure of the spelling as well. the -ves didn't look right. So I searched on the internet and discovered it can be made plural either way. Believe me, I'm a stickler for spelling/grammar!